Thank you for visiting our website and expressing interest in the products and services of SIGMA System Audio-Visuell GmbH.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously, which is why we adhere strictly to data protection legislation. The following passage explains what kind of data are collected, and for what purpose.
The legal basis for this processing is your consent, Art. 6a GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
1. Data transfers /data logging
When you visit this site, the web server will automatically create log files that cannot be attributed to any particular person. These files contain e.g. the browser type and version you are using, the operating system, referrer URL (the page you visited before ours), IP address of the requesting PC (your PC), the date and time of the server request and the name of the file requested by the client PC (file name and URL). These data are collected for statistical purposes.
• To ensure smooth connection between your PC and our website server
• To ensure our website functions as expected
• To evaluate system security and stability and for other website management purposes.
2. Use of personal data
Personal data are only collected and processed if you provide them voluntarily, e.g. as part of an enquiry. Where there is no direct reason in connection with a business transaction, you are entitled to withdraw any consent provided to us in the past to store your personal data at any time and with immediate effect in writing (e.g. by email or fax). Processing and use of your data for the purposes of consultation, marketing and market research can only take place with your explicit consent. Your data will not be sold, rented out or made available to third parties in any other manner. Any transfer of personal data to State institutions and authorities is strictly limited to the extent required by applicable national law.
Personal data provided by you will only be disclosed to third parties in these circumstances: if you have explicitly provided consent as defined at Article 6(1)a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if the transfer is in accordance with Article 6(1)f GDPR and is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims for the purposes of legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interest in their not being transmitted, if, as defined in Article 6(1)c GDPR, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, where this is legally permitted and necessary, as defined at Article 6(1) b GDPR, for managing a contractual agreement with you.
3. The right to information, rectification and erasure of your data
Pursuant to applicable law, you have the right to require information on whether we have collected any personal data about you and the category of personal data collected. You will be provided with this information without delay.
You have the following rights
• In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to information on the personal data we have stored about you. In particular, you have the right to require information on the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data collected, the recipient or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or withdrawal of consent, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details
• In accordance with Article 16 GDPR, you are entitled to rectification of inaccurate personal data and completion of the data stored by us without undue delay
• In accordance with Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) of personal data stored by us unless processing of those data is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
• In accordance with Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to obtain restriction of processing if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR
• In accordance with Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance
• In accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will mean that, for the future, we will not be permitted to process your data as originally enabled by that consent, and
• In accordance with Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can lodge such a request with the supervisory authority responsible for your place of residence or workplace or with our company head office.
4. Security of your data
The personal data provided by you are secured by means of technical and organisational measures to make them inaccessible to unauthorised third parties and to protect them against randomised or malicious manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised interception by third parties (man-in-the-middle attacks). Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technical progress. When you send us highly sensitive data or information, we recommend you use the postal service because it is not possible to guarantee complete data security for emails.
This website uses open source web analytics software called Matomo (https://matomo.org/ (link is external)). The data collected are used and stored for marketing and optimisation purposes.
Matomo collects the IP address of your computer in an anonymised form (truncated to remove the last three characters, e.g. 134.99.128.X) and the requested resources (web pages), date, time and country of origin of the request, the type of Internet browser and the screen resolution.
6. Social media plug-ins
Our website employs social media plug-ins from Facebook to make use of that medium more relevant. To this end, we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” buttons. These are made available by Facebook.
When you call up a page on our website that contains a plug-in of this kind, your browser opens a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Facebook straight to your browser and integrated by Facebook in the website.
By incorporating the plug-ins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has just called up the corresponding page of our website even if you do not have a Facebook account or, if you have, are not currently logged in. The information about your use of our website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Facebook server in the USA where it is stored.
If you are currently logged in to Facebook, Facebook can immediately associate your Facebook account with the visit to our site. If you interact with our site, e.g. by using the “LIKE” or “SHARE” buttons, corresponding information is sent directly to a Facebook server and stored there. In addition, the information is published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook will use this information to compile reports on website activities and for the purposes of market research and to optimise the way Facebook pages work. To this end, Facebook generates profiles of your use, interests and relationships, e.g. to evaluate your use of our site with regard to the advertisements displayed on Facebook, to notify other Facebook users about your activities on our site and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our site with your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account first.
Details of the purpose and extent of the data collected by Facebook and the way Facebook processes and uses those data, and information about your rights and setting options to protect your personal details can be found in that company’s privacy statement (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
The data controller of this site has incorporated components from XING. XING is an internet-based social network that allows users to connect to existing business contacts and set up new business contacts. Individual XING users can create a personal profile. Enterprises can create their own business profiles and publish details of job vacancies on XING.
The company that operates XING is XING SE, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
Every time a page on this site is accessed, the internet browser on the computer or device of the data subject is automatically caused by the XING component in question to download a view of the corresponding XING component from the XING server. Further details of the XING plug-ins can be seen here: https://dev.xing.com/plugins. This technical process allows XING to see which specific pages and subpages of our website are visited by the data subject.
If the data subject is, at the same time, logged in to XING, XING can see every time our site is accessed by that data subject and, for the duration of that person’s visit to our website, can see exactly which pages and subpages the data subject visits. That information is collected by the XING component and linked by XING to the data subject’s own XING account. If the data subject then clicks one of the XING buttons integrated in our site, e.g. the “Share” button, XING will link that information to the personal XING user account of the data subject and store those personal data.
XING will always be notified through the XING component that the data subject has visited our website if the data subject is also logged in to their XING account when they access our website; this will happen whether the data subject clicks the XING component or not. If you do not want this information to be transmitted to XING, please log out of your XING user account before accessing our site.
The privacy statement published by XING that is available at https://www.xing.com/privacy gives details of the collection, processing and use of personal data by XING. In addition, XING has published data protection notes relating to the XING “SHARE” button at https://www.xing.com/app/share?op=data_protection.
7. Right to information
You have, at any time, the right to gain knowledge of the data stored concerning your person, the origin and the recipient of the data, as well as the purpose of the storage. Information about the stored data can be obtained from the data protection officer.
8. Currency of and modifications to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is valid in its current form as at August 2018.
We may need to revise and modify this privacy statement as our website develops and the offers available through it are modified or to accommodate changes in legal requirements. The privacy statement as amended from time to time can be viewed and printed at any time on our website at https://www.sigma-av.tv/datenschutz. If we make material modifications in the collection, use and/or transmission of the personal data made available to us by you, we will notify you by means of an unambiguous, easily seen notice on our website. By using this website you agree to the processing of data about you by us in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purposes. If you have any questions that cannot be answered by this privacy statement, or if you want more in-depth information on a particular point, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection officer.